Saturday, November 18, 2023

The COMPASSIONATE stance

 Matthew 9:36

King James Version

36 But when he saw the multitudes, 

he was moved with compassion on them, 

because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, 

as sheep having no shepherd.


I've always loved art.

Probably that's why my father made me take up architecture.

Upon graduation, I just can't seem to be like everyone else.

Where everyone banded together, I could be seen at a little distance.

I was the only one not smiling at graduation.

Everyone eventually put up their design offices.

And glorified in contracts, clients, and cash.

I must have been a great disappointment to my father.

Precisely why I asked for nothing at school.

Only in my last year, for my thesis, did I ask to buy the required lettering equipment.

And even that was a pain.

I didn't have the heart to disappoint him.

But I'd gone that far, might as well finish the course.

I knew I would not be like everyone else -- an architect.

There were so many other things to be.

Like to be a journalist, an archaeologist, even a sociologist.

But I bore on, for the sake of my dad.

Mercifully, GOD had me graduate.

For GOD had other plans for me.

My spirit must have known that early on.

And stuck to the "plan".

But what plan, only GOD knew.

What my father didn't know, is that I, too, was a "chip off the old block".

Fierce, and independent, was what I grew up in.

How could I be anything else?


Where my colleagues looked to build grand homes or buildings, I was more interested in the tiny home.

Where they looked to have important clients, I was more interested in knowing more about social issues.

Where they looked to mainstream energy, I was more interested in exploring alternative energy.

I was always researching, attending alternative building fairs, checking alternative housing materials.

I stayed in the fringes.

Observing, thinking, dreaming up alternative solutions.

Even focusing on little things, like:

Corners of tables and furniture must not be sharp -- it might hurt people.

Things must not be heavy -- how could people carry those?

Design must be low maintenance -- people have a life, apart from possessions.

Buildings must be livable and people-friendly -- we're designing for them, aren't we?

There must be sidewalks for people -- not everyone has a car.

If they do have a car, it must be compact and yet spacious -- I've seen, and been in such.

Cars, houses, and appliances must be energy-efficient -- you know how fuel prices fluctuate.

Mass transit must work -- it's something everyone can afford, and saves travel time.

Everything must be affordable -- not everyone has tons of money.

So, on and on my mind would work, weighing things, with the intent everyday people have an easier time, considering the elite want us to have a tougher time.

We don't have limos, and private jets, to whisk us everywhere.

We don't have an army of assistants to do things for us.

We don't have tons of money to do the lifting for us.


What people call intelligent buildings, is not what is intelligent for me.

What's intelligent is if it's simple, easy to maintain, and people-friendly.

And doesn't use up much power.

I wouldn't want a mausoleum-like house, with no warmth at all.

My practical designer mind always looks at the "what ifs".

What if there's no electricity, how will you operate your intelligent home?

Oh, you've got a huge generator, right.

What if there's no more fuel, how will you power that generator?

What if the ey-ay messed up?

Well, I've got another house, you'd probably say.

And it's solar.

You've also got wind power.

And you've got those huge RVs.

And other mansions in other countries.

You even own a hotel, wow.

Your private jet can whisk you off to another island, or something.

Might as well check your stash in the Caymans.


Now you see why I chose not to go into architecture.

Now you also see why I chose not to pursue law.

I had no patience for the rich.

I couldn't cater to their whims.

I could not think as they do.

I wasn't cut out like them.

Even as GOD put me in their midst, for a time.

The middle class, and the instant rich, could also be finicky.

My heart was always closest to the everyday person like myself.

I found that this mode of thinking was best.

Our feet's planted firmly on the ground.

Our thinking's not clouded.

We get creative, when we have nothing.

We barter, when we can't afford to buy.

We share, when we have.

We are not possessed by our possessions.

I sure don't envy the rich.

Too many concerns.

Too many people around them.

Too many who probably don't even care about them.

Too many things to maintain.

It keeps your eyes away from GOD.

I'd much rather look into the needs of the everyday person.

It's more real, more adventurous, more exciting.

Challenges make you creative, and resourceful.

It also tests your mettle as a person.

It tests what you stand for.


Surely you've noticed how bored the rich are.

Why else the parties, the positions, the possessions?

Why else the hunger for power and prestige?

Why else the obsession to outdo others all the time?

Why else this foolish idea of world domination?

Why else the broken marriages, dysfunctional families, and obsession with dynasties?

Why else all the artifice?

I'm grateful GOD made me this way.

A "simpleton", with TONS of creativity.

Caring about others in my own, simple way.

Writing about His laws, which truly benefit everyone.

Holding fast to His truth, which everyone can live by.

All I've come to know as born again, I share with you.

Pure, practical, precise, perfect.

I'm not interested in anything expensive, showy, or trendy.

Curiously, by not being all that, you end up being a leader of some sort.

You lead yourself.

You are not beholden to the whims and winds of the world.

You are more intrigued by what GOD wants to tell you, or teach you.

You can't wait for His lessons.

You can't have enough of His truth.

You sit at His feet, listening closely, absorbing deeply.

And you can't wait to share with everyone else.


GOD gave me a vast field to learn from.

And I share all that with you on this blog, and all my other blogs.

There's really much to share since GOD made me born again.

I have a rich material to draw from.

And it's all because of GOD.

Who loved me enough to make me born again.

Allowing all those mistakes and experiences.

All I know now, I couldn't have known then.

Only GOD's SPIRIT teaches me each day.

Reminding me of what JESUS taught.

You want a model for truth?

JESUS is it.

He, Who had ALL the power in the world, lived simply.

But LOVED largely.

The only time He spoke of a mansion, was when He thought of us.

John 14:2-3

King James Version

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: 

if it were not so, I would have told you. 

I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you,

 I will come again, and receive you unto myself; 

that where I am, there ye may be also.


So, who needs a mansion on earth?

I'd much rather be with the LORD forever.

I'd much rather take everyone to meet the LORD, too!

I can't be bothered with what color to paint my room with.

Or that the house has seen better days.

I do what I can, but no more than what GOD would have me do.

We have more important things to think about.

Such as having you with us during the Rapture.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

King James Version

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven 

with a shout, 

with the voice of the archangel, 

and with the trump of God: 

and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain 

shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, 

to meet the Lord in the air: 

and so shall we ever be with the Lord.


Oh, and you know what?

When JESUS comes back, expect these:


No need for temples.

Revelation 21:22

King James Version

22 And I saw no temple therein: 

for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb 

are the temple of it.


No need for light.

Revelation 21:23-24

King James Version

23 And the city had no need of the sun, 

neither of the moon, to shine in it: 

for the glory of God did lighten it, 

and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved 

shall walk in the light of it: 

and the kings of the earth 

do bring their glory and honour into it.


No need for security, or fear of thieves.

Revelation 21:25-27

King James Version

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: 

for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour 

of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it 

any thing that defileth, 

neither whatsoever worketh abomination, 

or maketh a lie: 

but they which are written 

in the Lamb's book of life.


So, why store up riches for yourself?

Matthew 6:19-21

King James Version

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, 

where moth and rust doth corrupt, 

and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, 

where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, 

and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, 

there will your heart be also.


I'm glad I've gone past possessions.

Perhaps, deep in my heart, I knew such things don't matter in the end.

There won't be physical matter anyway.

John 4:24

King James Version

24 God is a Spirit: 

and they that worship him 

must worship him in spirit and in truth.


Everything we have now won't matter.

More articles here.


On ISRAEL's rights

 Zechariah 2:8-9 King James Version 8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts;  After the glory hath he sent me  unto the nations which spoiled you...